Sunday, May 22, 2011

in My Mailbox (1)

So this is my first ever "in My Mailbox" post and I am not entirely sure if I am posting this right, but I am going to give it go anyway!



"When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary. Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.... "


I happened to order "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare about two weeks ago after I had finished reading its prequel "Clockwork Angel" which was absolutely fabulous, I couldn't put it down for two days straight. I thought well I loved this one so much so why not fill my time reading City of Bones while I happily wait for "Clockwork Prince" to come out September 2011.


By chance I also happened to have a little extra cash on me and picked up the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy, " Mocking Jay" by Suzanne Collins.


"Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year."


This series has been one of the best series I have read in full in a long time. It was nothing like I expected and as one author has commented it is both beautiful and haunting all at the same time. I cannot wait to see what the third book has in store!

3 comments:

  1. Great books this week! ;) I'm on Catching Fire right now so I'm totally psyched for when I finish and can read Mockingjay. Have a great week! ;)

    ~Loren
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahh I can't believe you got Mockingjay before me! You'll have to make sure you don't hint any spoilers to me at work! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, no way Natalie !! I wouldn't spoil anything promise :)

    Thanks Loren! I'm struggling through Catching Fire just because I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Gale and Peeta. I was entirely in love with Peeta in the first book but I am definitly becoming conflicted, lol. Have a great week too !

    ReplyDelete