Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by "Breaking the Spine" were bloggers can post their anticipated upcoming publications!

This week was a little bit harder to figure out what I was waiting for because, if you haven't noticed my countdowns at the bottom of my blog have informed me that in less then 100 days two of my most anticipated books will be published to the public and guess who will be first in line to pick hers up! lol. And unfortunately I believe I have already posted those two books TWICE in a "Waiting on Wednesday" lol ... But there is never a shortage of books in my opinion that a girl can't be anticipating! 


"Embrace" - Jessica Shirvington
Expected publication date: March 15, 2012
(for full synopsis please click on the title)

"I slowly opened my eyes. The sun speared its first bright rays of golden orange into the sky and I leapt from the cliff, with the sorrowful knowledge that no matter what the outcome, at least part of me would die that day..." 

"As Violet gets caught up in an ancient battle between dark and light, she must choose her path. The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity..."


"Shatter Me" - Tahereh Mafi
Expected publication date: November 15, 2011
(for full synopsis please click on the title)

"Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color." 

"In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices,Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel."

3 comments:

  1. I have not heard about the first book but Shatter Me looks really good. Great picks!

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed them :) I'll check out your WOW, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ShatterMe sounds very interesting..have fun reading this week!

    ReplyDelete