Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dusty Reads (1)

Dusty Reads is a weekly post featuring a book that has been sitting unread on your bookshelves for some time! Hosted by the wonderful Giselle @ .Xpresso Reads. takes place Tuesday to Tuesday of each week. To participate, add your name to the linky below her posts and try to visit a few of the others.
Note: Books don't have to be 'x' years old. If you've had the book for a few months without reading it, it's dusty! ;)

This week I decided to participate in Dusty Reads! I know it is hosted on Tuesday but seeing as I am trying to catch up on some reviews and reading today I wanted to post something on the blog for a Saturday Post! I think this is a great idea for a weekly meme because we really get to know the types of styles and different types of books we all have on our shelves waiting to be read. And if those books haven't been read yet due to bad reviews or bad comments we could always encourage that person with positive feed back if the book is in fact wonderful!



This Weeks Dusty Read:

"Delirium" by Lauren Oliver
Published: February 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy. But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

Thoughts: I have had "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver on my book shelf ever since I received it in September in a book order. I was going to dive right into it but I was in the middle of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and I couldn't put it down. Then I had asked a couple of my blogger friends and they said it wasn't as good as they thought it was going to be, and that really disappointed me because usually we all have the same taste in books and usually the same opinions so I put it aside, and I haven't gone back to it yet. I think over the Christmas Holidays I will pick it up and give it a good shot and see what I think but for now it will remain on my to-read shelf.

3 comments:

  1. Love your button! I love everything to do with coffee!! Teehee. I haven't read Delirium either!! I thought I was the only one left! I'M SO HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! Nope my dear you are definitely not the only one left that hasn't read it! lol. Although I went searching for a review on your site for it the other day before I knew you hadn't read it, and was so upset cause I love your thoughts on most of the books I want to read or are reading just so I know what I am getting myself into :P But that is ok I shall await your review once you get around to reading it :)

    I hoped you were going to like the button :) hehe. You can use it if you like that much for the actual button for the meme, although I don't know how to "link" it up to a url and then show the url if that makes any sense lol. I just manually linked it in the editing area for the post on blogger lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't like this book as much as others. I thought it was kinda like Matched, but not as good. I was a bit bored while reading it. The pacing was quite slow... Anyway, I hope you enjoy it better than I did! I know a lot of people do love it. :)

    ReplyDelete